BEFORE THE PARTY
Download the Whodunnit App and register to play.
Decide on a mystery theme and download it to your device.
Set a place, date and time for the murder mystery dinner party. You’ll need about two or three hours.
Choose “Host a Party”, followed by a “Theme”.
Download character packs if you have more guests than the theme’s default number.
Add event details, time and date, and location. Tap on the checkmark to create the game.
Assign characters to your guests. Simply read the character bio to best match a friend by tapping "Share Code" to send through text, email, etc.
Pull to refresh. A checkmark will appear next to the character when a guest has entered their code. If selected "Play" you can tap on the character's icon to return back to sharing codes with friends.
Decorate your location to make the mystery come alive! Don’t forget to Tweet us your pics @WhodunnitApp.
Don’t forget to prepare for your role! Read the information about your character to understand their motivation and why they might be the murderer. Get your costume together, some suggestions included in the Whodunnit App.
Note: Do not unlock any cards until the fateful night. Don’t read Introduction, Announcement, Investigation, and Conclusion. Reading ahead will only spoil the mystery.
WHEN YOUR GUEST ARRIVE
When the guests arrive, it’s a good idea to gather everyone to introduce themselves to the group, sharing their names and perhaps one or two background details.
Once introductions are made, head over to Round One and select "Introduction" and unlock the “Secrets & Objectives” cards from your device.
Read the card marked “Introduction” to the room. This will get the party started! Don’t forget to unlock the “Secrets & Objectives” cards.
Middle of the party: Best to serve food after unlocking “Secrets & Objectives”
1. Allow 30-45 minutes for the guests to mingle and completetheir objectives. Don’t forget to complete your own objectives!
2. When you think everyone’s ready. Head over to Round Two and tap on "Announcement" and unlock the "Death Card". (Some) Guest will have specific instructions to follow.
3. Wait for confirmation from the victim. The Victim will secretly unlock your card. The card marked “Announcement” will then unlock. Gather the group together.
4. Read the announcement card. By the time you finish reading it, the victim will fall to the ground, dead! If they don’t, gently encourage them by saying something like “Oh no! Someone is dying!” (If nobody falls to the floor, move on to the card “Investigation” in Round Three to find out who dies.) Don't forget to unlock "After the Murder" Objectives
End of the party: Best to serve dessertsor coffee after unlocking “After the Murder”.
1. Allow another 30-45 minutes for the guests to complete theirs After the Murder objectives.
2. Make an informal announcement for everyone to voteon who they think the murderer is via the Whodunnit App.They can also vote on guest awards (Best Actor, Best Dressed, etc.).The results will be displayed on your device.
3. Read the card marked “Conclusion”.
4. Announce the winners of the guest awards.
5. Congratulate yourself on a party well-hosted!